Helena had another surgery last Tuesday, August 18th. This time, her appendix was removed along with a blockage from her large intestine.
The ventilator was removed yesterday, and today she is breathing room air!
I was up with her this morning at the crack of dawn, and she was awake and taking it all in. :)
I sang and talked to her for a good hour, until she fell asleep in my arms. Yes, I was finally able to hold her again. It had been a little over a week since I held her, and I missed it.
Those big blue eyes staring at me... I loved it. I missed seeing those eyes, and it was so encouraging.
Her intestines are still "sleeping" so it might be another week or two before the doctors give the "OK" to start feeding her again. But, that's okay. I'm just glad she's healing.
All of those prayers out there - they have been working. Keep them coming, please. Momma wants her baby home...
2 comments:
So glad to hear she's healing well! Keep the hope, and everything will fall into place.
I am glad you have this blog up, we get more info from it than we do from Kathy. We check it daily to see how everyting is going and share it with everyone.
You and yours are always in our thoughs and prayers. Family you don't even know who live here in Logan are concerned.
Uncle Steve and Aunt Cindy
Post a Comment