Saturday, September 19, 2009

All is well...

We're all doing really well.

Alexandra is busy being an active 19 month old. She sings to us regularly now, although she still mixes up words a bit. (A,B,C,D,L,M,N,O,T etc.) It's very cute though! She recently had her toe nails polished after watching me polish mine. She pointed to her toes and said "do mine, do mine" so I did. :) Occasionally she'll sit on the potty, but she still has yet to use it correctly. We're not in a hurry to train her just yet. We're waiting for Helena to come home before we start to work on some things, figuring that "A" will have some adjusting to do once her sister is home.




Alexandra's newest obsession are tattoo's... fake ones, that is. Balloons are still a hit, but stickers have been back-burnered for a bit. Dora is still in with her, as is Spongebob, but Elmo is on his way out. I think Ernie may have replaced him.

We're working on a Halloween costume for Alexandra now, so you'll have to wait until the big day to see what she'll be. Our pumpkins grew nicely, so we'll pick those next month and do our Annual Sheehe Carving Contest.






Last weekend, we went to Cops & Kids day at Hoff park. We all had a great time!




This past weekend, we headed out to Lynd's Fruit Farm where we picked our apples. We had a great time, as usual, and Alexandra really enjoyed picking her own apples and putting them (well, sometimes tossing them) in her bag.





Helena... she is doing great! We're hoping she'll be home with us soon. It's been 61 days as of today, and that's 61 days too many in my book. :) I am looking forward to holding her when I want, feeding her when I want, tucking her in bed when I want, changing her diaper, letting her sleep, and not "asking" anymore what I can/can't do. She's my daughter and I'm her mom and it's time we start acting like it. :) Besides, her sister has been asking about her. It's time. I think God agrees too.



1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Awww, Im so happy to see you updated the blog. I think about you quite often and hope things are going well. Alexandra is getting so big! She is SOOOO cute! Helena looks great, and she's getting big too! All your prayers will soon be answered very soon!

Always,
Stephanie