Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Keeping Busy...

Today was a good day.

Tommy was at Children's Hospital at 6:30 a.m. and stayed with Helena until 12:15. She had a rough morning. She was crying and upset due to hunger, so Daddy tried his best to comfort her. (She ended up sleeping after daddy left, until we arrived later in the afternoon.)

This morning at Mill Wind, Kelly from Moms-n-Munchkins dropped off dinner for us. (Thank you Kelly!) Grandma Kathy and Great-Grandma Betty also stopped by for an hour or so to see Alexandra. Grandma Betty wasn't feeling too well, so they took off around lunch, just missing Tommy.

For lunch, we had leftovers and then Tommy and I took off to see Helena. I was able to hold her for our entire afternoon visit. I NEEDED it. She fed my soul. Just being able to smell her and hold her close... heaven. The nurses changed her dressing and diaper while we were there, and that upset her greatly, but I was able to comfort her a bit, and then hold her again. When we were leaving they were planning to change out her drain tube from her stomach.

Tonight, my friend Megan (and her two kids, Gioia and Giovanni) picked up Grandma Barb and Alexandra, and took them to the Columbus Zoo. They all had a great time! The aquarium was a huge hit, and so were the elephants.

Meanwhile, we arrived home from Children's and had dinner. Then my friend Jerri came over and visited with us for nearly 2 hours. (Thanks Jerri!) We had a wonderful visit and again I am reminded of how lucky I am. I have terrific friends!

Soon, Barb and Alexandra came home and we all snacked on an Edible Arrangement sent to us from Barb's sisters, Berta, Caroline, and Pat. (Mmmm, Thanks!)

After a quick bath for Miss A, and showers for the rest of us... it's finally 10:23 and we're pooped and ready for bed.

Today was a good day.

No comments: