Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Today was a great day.

Daddy made poached eggs with toast for breakfast, and then Helena and I went to the grocery store. While we were gone, Daddy and Alexandra colored in her new coloring book.

When I returned, we started painting our pumpkins. Alexandra finished her fast, so we gave her some paper to paint on. Cute kid.




Can you tell which pumpkin Alexandra painted?


This afternoon, Alexandra and I met Becki, Tom, and Hannah over at the Genoa Township Fire Department for Trick or Treat Village. Next year, we will arrive 15 minutes early because it was packed. We had a great time! My pictures didn't really turn out very well, but here is a cute one of Hannah and Alexandra, before we walked inside. Tommy stayed home with Helena, while she napped. Next year it'll be double the fun!


Here is a picture of Alexandra standing outside chowing on popcorn, and of her sitting on a rotten pumpkin (she hasn't discovered it yet) inside the firehouse.



When we returned from the firehouse, Alexandra went down for a nap. It has always been our Halloween tradition (since 2004) to have grilled cheese with tomato soup. Well, this year I forgot to buy the cheese. (I know, who doesn't have Kraft singles in their refrigerator as a staple???) So, we came up with a new tradition: Pumpkin Donuts.


Daddy made us dinner (turkey dogs with baked beans) AND glazed pumpkin donuts. Yum!

After dinner, Helena and Daddy were watching the football game while Alexandra and I passed out candy. Our friends Tom, Becki, and Hannah popped over for a bit to say "Hi" too. They live in the next neighborhood over, and the girls enjoyed "trick-or-treating" a few houses together on our court.



Alexandra REALLY enjoyed her 1st Trick-or-Treating experience. We used her costume 4 times this past week, so it was worth the $ Daddy spent for it in China, although it is already coming apart at the seams, literally. :=)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

How cute!!! I don't think my kids have missed a year hitting up houses, even when they were 4 months old!! haha Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year...rather FALL. I LOVE A's hair in the last photo, really cute! Painting isn't something I've thought about doing, we've always carved, could be fun painting!! Love the pics Kerrie!