Monday, December 15, 2008

Holiday Baking




This past weekend Alexandra, Tommy, and myself decided to do our annual holiday baking. We had a great time!

Tommy made croissants for the very first time, and wow... they were delicious! The butter drained a bit into the oven and caused a very smokey house for about an hour, but thankfully, the weather was warm enough we could open a few windows and doors to air the place out. And yes... because of the serious nature of Tommy's recipes, he decided to up the heat in the house to 68!!! That's crazy heat in this house. For real.

I didn't get a chance to take pictures of all the wonderful treats we made, before delivering them to the neighbors. We made chocolate dipped pretzals, holiday mice, buckeyes, puppy chow, peanut butter cookies, croissants, and carrot cake muffins.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I am terrible at baking, or actually...I don't like to do it. I would like to have a Kitchen-Aid, but they are just too darn expensive. Sounds like fun tho, and don't tell Tommy, my house is set at 72 ;-)